Telescope with GoTo recommendations

Hi,

I already own a 90/1000 mm refractor telescope, but since I am unable to take photos of deepsky objects, I am planning to buy a telescope along with a goto mount. I need some suggestions since right now I am going to buy this and In future I will be buying a camera to shoot astrophotography along with this setup. My total budget for the telescope and goto mount is around 50-60K. Can some please suggest me along with the details of where to buy them.

I am unable to take photos of deepsky objects, I am planning to buy a telescope along with a goto mount.

If you want to take photos of DSOs, you need an equatorial mount. You get both alt-az and equatorial with go-to but equatorial is needed to track dim DSOs for long exposures without resulting in field rotation.

My total budget for the telescope and goto mount is around 50-60K.

At this cost, I would recommend something like a star tracker. You can buy high quality lenses for your DSLR and take photos of nebulae and a few galaxies.

@siva can you suggest me one, or some second hand ones?

Sky-Watcher’s Star Adventurer and iOptron’s SkyGuider are easily available and widely used in India.

@siva I saw this in tejraj, is this worth it?

https://tejraj.com/es-130600-eq-goto-telescope.html

and let me know how to find prime focus of a telescope when a camera is connected, since the above have prime focal mirrors so what zoom can i expect?

@siva @Nanikutty can you guys check out the above message, let me know whether they are good or not for deep-sky beginners astrophotography?

@Bharathwaj_Elango sorry bro, I don’t know about a telescope.

I haven’t seen anyone use this telescope and mount combination so I cannot give the best feedback about this. However, looking at CloudyNights, I don’t get the best impression about this combo.

@siva thank you, can you recommend me one then? And where to buy them? My budget is around 50-60k

Please see my earlier comment.

@siva what about using the same above mount with a william optics zs61 ii?

@siva also check this out and let me know for DSO astrophotography

https://tejraj.com/ar-102-goto.html

Hi,
Did you get to figure out your choice of telescope and mount?
I’ve been away from the group for a while and I haven’t replied to your previous question in a different post.

The choice of telescope depends on what FOV you would like to image.

Close to above mentioned budget,
I’d aim something like this -

1. Skywatcher star adventurer/ Ioptron tracker
  2. Rokinon 135/ Takumar lenses/ Askar 135/ Askar 180

I can personally vouch for Askar180.
Not the best l, but definitely does the job. Askar boasts that they are sextuplet telescopes with reducer, but there’s still CA. Here’s what I took with it -https://www.astrobin.com/fegk5j/

If you are looking longer FL, below is my recommendation

1. Celestron AVX
  2. AT60ED
    But you’ll have a tough time finding them.
    Cloudynights is the best bet, but import/shipping is going to be a headache.
    Longer exposures/focal length are going to be less forgiving.