Star Party planned Apr 30, May 1

Hey all, we have decided to host a star party this upcoming weekend on Apr 30 - May 1, Saturday
The timings would be typically Saturday morning start from Chennai and arrival by Sunday mid afternoon.

The venue is Kavalur GoGo Camp, same as the last time.

Please fill the form here to indicate your availability and interest in attending.

Feel free to post any questions or suggestions you might have. Let’s discuss them!

3 Likes

We’ll either car pool or arrange a cab from Chennai depending on the head count

This will be my first time coming there. So, can someone give me a small description?

2 Likes

Hey @Ashwath , In a nutshell - we gather by evening and setup our equipments by sunset, briefly plan what objects to observe and the observations go on till early morning ~4am. We mostly share equipment and everyone sees most of the what the group sees. We break once in a while for dinner, tea etc. The party is over by sunrise on Sunday morning.

3 Likes

Dear Mr.Kishan, Myself & my son are new to the group & this is the first time for us. We are based out of Chennai. We have submitted the form for both of us. We wish to know about any charges if any for accomodation etc…Is it ok if we reach Gogo camping site around 5 pm on Saturday 30th April…Pls confirm…

Hey! I just wanted to know if anyone could help me with collimating my celestron binoculars in Kavalur?
And, can anyone give a brief summary on how the accommodation is in the GoGo camp?