Regarding Telescopes From Space Arcade

Hello!

I was looking for some telescopes that were equatorial and have a higher aperture and I came across this website called spacearcade.in

I was part of their astronomy club last year and that is when they recommended my a tiny 50mm telescope. After almost a year of using it, it got really bored with it as you cannot even see Saturn properly with it.

After some exploring on their site, I came across their own series of equatorial telescopes known as “Space Voyage”. I was interested in the 150 EQ model and before buying it, I just want to ask if the Space Voyage is a good telescope.

I had originally thought of buying a Celestron Astromaster 130 EQ but then after some research, it turned out that it had numerous flaws with it.

And also I’ve visited sites like teraj but they just do not have the right one which i am looking for or its just not in stock.

If the Space Voyage is not a good one, is there any other telescope I can get for somewhere between 30k - 35k?

Thanks!

Hey @OneClouds , welcome to CAC!

As you rightly said, the astromaster does have flaws which are common to a lot of beginner equatorial newtonians. Hence, I don’t really recommend buying the 150 EQ.

Since you are looking to get better views, I’d recommend you get a 6/8 inch dobsonian.

Clear skies,
Lohitaksh

Hi @OneClouds , Please state your budget and the intended usage (visual or astrophotography).

If it’s only for visual use, as stargazer123 suggested, you can get a 6/8 inch Dobsonian reflector. Those scopes will be very stable on the mount and very good visually.

Many people use this scope in our group and GSO is a well known company:
https://tejraj.com/product/gso-8-professional-dobsonian-telescope

It comes with a 2" Crayford focuser with 10:1 focusing and two decent eyepieces.

If budget is the concern, you can get the 6" version with 2" focuser.

If for AP, EQ mounts at this price range are flimsy.

1 Like