Planets through telescope

These are my first images of “Jupiter” and “Saturn” were through a dedicated astronomical camera !!!

All images are “Mannualy tracked”

These were taken from Porur,Chennai on 31/March/2021 at 5:30 - 6:00 am
Equipements : 1) Orion xt 8 2) Zwo asi 120 mc-s 3)Sony vaio

Jupiter : Stacked 98% of images out of 2200 frames

Saturn : Stacked 68 % of frames out of 3009 frames

Captured in Sharpcap

Stacked in : Autostacker

Edited in : Registax and adobe photoshop

No barlow lenses were used

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-31 at 7.27.34 AM .WhatsApp Image 2021-03-31 at 6.55.55 AM

20 Likes

This is awesome. Glad you were able to capture clearly with crazy city light pollution.

1 Like

Good job @Thiyagarajan.

Planets and the moon can be photographed and observed even from the most light polluted places.

2 Likes

For me the problem wasn’t the light pollution it was the “sun” because since it was early morning 5:30 the sun started to rise and, dimmed out the brightness of the planets .thus it was hard to find out the location of planets after each video,since I had a manual dobsonian .

4 Likes

Thanks @siva :grinning:

1 Like

If you get used to tracking planets with your manual dobsonian, try targetting the Space Station.

2 Likes

Yea sure !i will try my best :+1:

2 Likes

These are my “SECOND AND BEST” images of “Jupiter” and “Saturn” were through a dedicated astronomical camera !!!

All images are “Mannualy tracked”

These were taken from Porur,Chennai on 02/April/2021 at 5:30 - 6:00 am
Equipements : 1) Orion xt 8 2) Zwo asi 120 mc-s 3)Sony vaio

Jupiter : Stacked 65% of images out of 3500 frames

Saturn : Stacked 60 % of frames out of 1700 frames

Captured in Sharpcap

Stacked in : Autostacker

Edited in : Registax and adobe photoshop

2x barlow lense was used

283da0c0-2601-4f5b-a4a8-3dd08124888c

05_28_42_pipp_lapl5_ap3263 (2)

8 Likes

@Thiyagarajan this looks amazing thiyagarajan. I want to know where you guys buy telescope and its accessories.

1 Like

Hi barathwaj_Elango ! I bought my equipments from goscientfic in Madurai !

2 Likes

8 Likes

Was a Barlow used for all these pics?

1 Like

Yes ! @Stargazer123 a 2x barlow

1 Like

Outstanding work! Keep them coming

1 Like

Thank you! I am really happy about my results!

How do you manage to keep the planets inside smaller FOV of the camera?

1 Like

Yes, it’s really difficult to keep the planets in this small fov. What I do is to have a very steady hand and let the planet move naturally in your fov, there is no other way. I neither have a motorized base nor an equatorial platform.

1 Like

Here are my attempts from today on a very similar setup(GSO 8", ASI120mm mono, manually tracked).
I might start pursuing planetary imaging considering how hard it is to get clear skies for DSOs :laughing:

jupiter
saturn

5 Likes

Yea planetary is always way more difficult especially with manual work . These are great pics :+1:t2: but you could have attempted with a Barlow . Here is mine from today - but today seeing was not great but I still managed to get some good pics
Saturn 1

Hope you all like it !

5 Likes

Beautiful photos!

I don’t have a Barlow :sweat_smile:

1 Like