Introduction cum discussion on Astronomy Courses

Hey there Astrophiles!
I am a new-comer to the club (Check my bio for more), and regret to not have researched about astronomy clubs around where I live to find amazing enthusiasts as you. Nevertheless, here I am. Love the initiatives taken by the core committee of the club and their motive towards the formation of the club.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask all the members if you guys know any astronomy courses around the city and country. Would love to take any of them if available.

Hope to have a great journey ahead! Good luck to the club and myself!

1 Like

Hi Kaushal!

This reply is months away but the thread was empty so I thought why not. I’m afraid I have zero clue regarding short-term courses in astronomy, I am only aware of pursuing degrees or research in the field. Since you’ve mentioned that you’re 16, it would be cool to check out places like IIA Bangalore, Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics Pune, NCRA Pune, ARIES Nainital, and many other institutes that offer degrees in physics/astrophysics. Colleges in Chennai also have professors who work on these fields. This is probably much more involved of a “course” than what you intended to mean, so apologies for that. I’m a physics major who ended up doing some astrophysics research, but reading up on what these places work on could be fun too! Explore, and good luck!

2 Likes