Comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF)

Hi,

I am new to the group. I’d like to know if any events are planned in Chennai to witness the comet?

1 Like

Feb 1 & 2 was very cloudy. I travelled all the way north to pazhaverkadu beach near pulicat and saw nothing but the clouds.

3 Likes

We planned too but were sceptical given the weather.

@Thiyagarajan, are you following this? There is a great opportunity coming up if you want to capture on camera. Guess in your location, on 11th night, it may have a very close pass with Mars. Hope you have clear skies there. I’m hoping for some over the weekend here too.

1 Like

Thanks @Gnana ! I have been following it lately and i am trying to capture using my DSLR cam (as i don’t have any goto system). It’s has been less cloudy here for the past 3 to 4 days. Hope it stays the same and wishing you the same !

1 Like

I’m in Kodaikanal now. I was able to see the comet through my binos near Mars. It appeared as a smudge near Mars for the whole night. Once moon came out it started to become dull. Earlier the smudge was very prominent in binos.

1 Like

Can you please tell me the aperture and the magnification of your binoculars? Thanks.

I have a Nikon aculon 10*50.

1 Like